Wednesday, September 14, 2011

That Little Building On Broadway


This tiny building stands on Broadway, just opposite Manor Street. It's just a little square brick structure with a tiled roof and boarded-up windows. Someone may have once told me what it was built for, but I couldn't have been more than two or three at the time. So, I'm not sure what it is...something related to railroads? A gatehouse or little office for one of the old industrial buildings that line this stretch of Broadway north of downtown Albany?

2 comments:

  1. Driving me nuts, I know I have a conversation about this somewhere on Flickr. I believe it's a pump station for the Patroon Creek, which is underground there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find. Mystery buildings are always fun.

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete