Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Going Nowhere

I've passed by this little alley with its drab brick arch and increasingly rickety wooden staircase almost every day of my life. And, while I've always been one of those "Oooh, I wonder where that leads" types, I've never had to wonder about this small passage.

It goes absolutely nowhere. The stairs ends with nothing...just an opening in mid-air. Wisely, the owners of the property blocked that opening with some wooden bars because it would only be a matter of time before some adventurous kid or fuddled drunk seeking shelter tumbled through.

The stairs are a part of the brick building to the left, a handsome 1880s school now converted to apartments.

1 comment:

  1. Empty doorway to stairs going up to a door to the air - and I see another doorway on the wall, bricked up and with a pipe coming out of it. Nice photo.

    Three Rivers Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete