Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pizza Memories


As far as I can recall, my very first taste of pizza came here at Jonathan's when I was quite small.

Two other pizza shops stand out in my early memories - Jack's American Pie on Delaware Avenue and Mr. B's in Colonie Center. Both Jack's American Pie (with its window full of jade plants) and Mr. B's (with its hard orange booths and little coin-operated jukeboxes at each table) are long gone now.

Jonathan's is still here on North Pearl near Maiden Lane, though there is a For Sale sign in the window. I don't eat downtown often, but still stop at Jonathan's for a slice or two every now and then. The interior has changed a little, but it's still the dark-paneled familiar shop where I had my first slice of hot, cheesy pepperoni pizza.

And it's still crowded with downtown office workers at lunch time.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Im so late to this...I dont know why I Googled "Mr. B's Pizza, Colonie Center" but I happily found your post. I worked there through high school some very fond memories and eating way too much pizza (when it didnt cause weight gain!) Thanks for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete