Sunday, November 3, 2013
Pumpkin & Fish
The golden weather vane atop Albany Academy is one of the most famous landmarks of the Hackett Boulevard area. Mounted on a cupola which architect Marcus T. Reynolds patterned after the school's old home in Academy Park (which was, in turned designed by Philip Hooker), it was installed here in 1931. The distinctive weather vane originally adorned the Second Presbyterian Church which once stood at the corner of Lodge and Chapel Streets (now the site of a hotel parking garage).